Here is the official working guide on how to install Kodi on Firestick with step by step process, we request you to read the complete post here.
The Amazon Fire stick TV is an entertainment device that allows you to stream media content to an HD TV. You can also use it to play games. But in this article, we are going to see How to easily Install Kodi on Firestick Tutorial also know an Kodi Firestick.
Kodi is an amazing open source media player that allows you to stream media from various sources from the internet. You can also watch videos and listen to music already stored on your local as well as network storage. Using Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV will surely be a treat to watch.
So, get ready because we are going to see the methods on how to install Kodi for Fire stick. There are various methods to go through with this process and we are going to see some of them in a very detailed manner.
How to install Kodi on Firestick?
If you install Kodi Firestick, then you can get many benefits out of this combination. You can enjoy the app on an HD screen.
The movie watching experienced is also multiplied manifold because of the Amazon Firestick’s amazing features.
Apart from that, you can install numerous add-ons in Kodi to expand your media library. You can get any kind of movies, TV shows, animated shows, anime, news, sports, music, and the list goes on and on. This will not only eliminate the need for different media sources but also your one-stop solution for entertainment.
As I have said earlier, there are various methods to install Kodi on Firestick. We will see four of them in this article, all of them are pretty easy if you refer this guide. We have explained them in different sections so that you can choose any one you like and go forward with that one.
Install Kodi Firestick by adbLink method
This method to install Kodi on Firestick is a little complex and lengthy so, you would have to keep a close eye on this one. It needs you to install adbLink file which will be a major aspect of this process. That part of the process will be the defining part of the whole method.
Without any further ado, we are going to start the method to install Kodi for Firestick TV.
- The first thing you are going to have for this process is the APK file of Kodi Firestick. Download it from here and save it in a folder where you can access it easily.
- After that, turn your Amazon Fire stick on. Then open the “Settings” menu.
- Once you are in Settings, select “System” and from the menu that opens up, scroll down to Developer options.
- Click on it and you will see two options: ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources. Enable both of them and move on to the next step.
- Now, the next step is to find and note down the IP Address of your Fire stick.
- To find the IP address, go to Settings.
- Then select System from the options in the Settings menu.
- After that, you will see About in the menu that opens after clicking on System. Click on Network from the drop down menu and it will show you the network details.
- From there you can note down the IP address. You only need to do this step once because the Firestick doesn’t use more than one IP address.
- This is where the main part of the process starts. First, you have to download the adbLink and install it. These are the links where you can download the adbLink for the different platforms.
- After installing this, open adbLink and you will see a window with various options. Click on “New”.
- Give your Fire stick a name you like in the Description and type the IP address you noted down earlier and hit Save.
- You will be then redirected to the main menu where you need to select Connect. You will now see the IP address of your Firestick in the list of connected devices.
- Select Install APK and select the downloaded APK by navigating to the folder where you saved it in the first step of this method.
- The APK will be installed in some time and you will get a notification sometime after it is installed.
You can now open Kodi on Fire stick from Applications under Settings. With this, we have completed the method to install Kodi Firestick using the adbLink method. As you can see this is a lengthy method but it is pretty easy.
Kodi for Firestick using ES File Explorer
This is the second method to install and use Kodi on Firestick in which you will have to make use of ES File Explorer. It is relatively easy to carry out because you only need the Amazon Firestick and a proper internet connection.
- Start your Amazon Firestick TV and go to Settings and then navigate to System. Once there, you will have to turn on the Apps from Unknown sources option on.
- This option allows you to install applications from outside of the Amazon App Market, including Android applications.
- The next thing you will need is a file explorer or a file management system such as the ES File Explorer.
- To download it, go back to the home screen and click on Search. Then type “ES File Explorer” in the search bar and hit OK.
- From the results, select the app and install it by clicking on “Get” or “Install”. This will install the app on your Firestick.
- Open ES from Applications. Open the menu from the left side of the screen and click on Tools. Now, open the Download manager and enter this link: http://bit.ly/kodiarm161 and give it a name as you like.
- Click on Download and the Kodi download will start. After the download is complete, you will see the installation screen. Click on install to complete the installation process.
With the process now finally complete, you can launch Kodi for Firestick by going to Manage Installed applications which can be found in Applications under Settings.
Kodi Firestick Android sideload method
This is the third method by which you can get Kodi for Firestick. To carry out this method, you require an Android device and a Wi-Fi network with a stable internet connection. If you don’t have an Android device, then you can refer the previous two methods.
- Take your Android phone or tablet and install Kodi for Android from the Google Play Store.
- The second app you need to download from the Play Store is Apps2Fire. If this app doesn’t work properly, you can try out AGKFire (link) instead.
- After installing Apps2Fire on your Android device, launch it and click on Setup.
- In this tab, you will have to enter the IP address of your Amazon Fire stick TV which you can find using the below steps.
- Go to Settings and select Systems. Once there, click on About and select Network from the drop down menu.
- A window will open showing the network details of the Firestick TV. Note down the IP address so that you can enter it in the Setup section of Apps2Fire on your Android device.
- Click on Save to save the IP address in the Apps2Fire app.
- Go back to the home screen and open Local Apps and select Kodi from the list.
- After that click on “Install Kodi on (your Fire stick IP address)”.
- This will sideload or install Kodi on Firestick through the Wi-Fi network that both the devices are connected to.
- The process of sideloading will be complete after some time and install Kodi on Firestick will be complete.
Now, you can open Kodi Firestick from the Applications menu in the same way as mentioned in the previous methods. The next method which we are going to discuss relies completely on only using the Firestick TV and the internet connection.
Install Kodi on Fire Stick using downloader
In this method, you don’t require to use a PC or an Android device. You can directly install Kodi on Fire stick from the App store itself just by using the internet connection and nothing else. We saved the best for the last as this is a surefire way to get Kodi working on Firestick.
- First of all, go to Settings and select System. Then click on Developer options and turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Return to the Home screen and select Search and type “downloader” in there.
- After the results are displayed, click on “Apps and Games” from where you can download and install the downloader app which is free on the Amazon App store.
- After the installation is complete, click Open and type this link in the app: http://bit.ly/2hD04qA
- Press Next and then Download. This will download the app and then you will have to install Kodi on Firestick by clicking on “Install”.
You can launch Kodi on Firestick after the installation is complete by clicking on “Open”. Then you can install plug-ins from inside the app as per your desire for streaming online movies and TV shows and lots of other digital media.
Features of Kodi
After discussing 4 methods to install Kodi on Firestick, we will finally discuss the features of this app. This will give you an insight as to why this app is the best among all the media streaming apps that are available in the market. It is a one-stop place for all the entertainment you want. Kodi for Chromecast is also one of the most popular thing which is recently loved by many people all over the world.
The features of Kodi are the some of the most amazing ones that we have ever seen in media streaming apps. Let’s take a look at them.
- First and foremost, Kodi is free to download and use. All of the app’s features are free and there is no kind of in-app purchases in this app.
- Kodi is available for all the platforms including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, etc. You can download it from the official website.
- Also, Kodi allows users to stream media from their local or network storage as well as from the internet. You can stream content from various online sources with the help of various plug-ins.
- These plugins can be installed from within the app by clicking on “Add-ons” from the respective categories of Videos and Music.
- The app supports extensive customization allowing you to experience a new Kodi interface when you change and apply new skins.
- Kodi has support for almost all of the video and audio formats that are used nowadays.
- You can also install add-ons from outside the app and they are provided by the Kodi community forum.
- There are different categories for media such as Movies, TV shows, Music, Music Videos, TV, Radio, Pictures, and Videos.
- Users can categorize their content according to these categories. You can also add the content that you like the most in the Favorites category.
- You can set up the Weather section by adding a weather provider so that you can keep tabs on the current weather conditions as well as weather forecasts.
- Add-ons have a different category all together where you can manage all your add-ons. You can also download different add-ons from various sources. The guide for this procedure is also available on the Google Play Store. Here is the link.
- Users can directly watch their videos by adding them as a source in the respective category in the app.
- You can also download movies or TV shows or any media from the online sources. For this, you have to enable the download option from that particular add-on’s settings. After that, you can download any media content.
These were most of the features of Kodi. You can install the app and check the rest of them. We won’t spoil the fun by telling you each and every feature. The number of ways in which you can use this app is huge. Once you start using this app and get used to it, you won’t feel the need to search for any other media source ever.
With this, we end this article on Install Kodi Firestick Guide: Kodi on Firestick. In this article, we’ve pretty much covered all the methods to install the app on Fire stick as well as the features of the app. If you want any further assistance regarding this app, you can contact us at Kodi App.