If you are a movie buff and love watching movies and TV shows on your PC, then Kodi for Windows is probably the best choice for you. In this article we will teach you how you can install Kodi for PC Download on Computer. We will also give you the complete guide to carry out that process.
If you have a PC, then there is a 100% chance that you have crammed it with your favorite movies, TV shows, and music among other things. Then what better way to manage your collection than Kodi for Windows. It is a great open source multimedia player. It also happens to be one of the best sources for online media streaming. Kodi for Mac guide is also provided here.
So, let’s get on to the main part of the article where you can see exactly how you can download and install Kodi for PC. The following section is basically a guide to download and install this program on Computer.
Kodi for Windows 10/8.1/7 PC (Download):
Before moving on to the actual steps to download and install Kodi for PC Windows 10 platform, we shall see a little bit about the app in brief.
The app was developed as a homebrew media application for the Xbox media center. Later the developers of Kodi PC added support for all the platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, etc.
You can watch videos and listen to songs from your local hard disk or your cloud storage. You can even watch movies and TV shows along with Music videos, Sports, News, and tons of other entertainment content from online source. For access to online sources, you have to download and install plug-ins from inside the app.
So. let’s get down to business and show you how you can download and install Kodi for Windows PC. These are the steps to successfully carry out this process.
- The first step is to download the setup file of Kodi for Windows from the official website of the app. You have download any of the below-mentioned ones from a browser on your PC.
- The download will take some time to complete. You won’t have any troubles as long as you have a stable internet connection.
- Once the download is complete, go to the downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded setup file.
- This will initiate the installation process. Allow your computer to install the package by clicking on “Run”, if prompted.
- You will have to click on “Next” to allow some of the permissions of the app to install it.
- The progress bar will appear and you will have to wait for some time to let it install on your computer.
- The installer will tell you when the process is complete. Just click on the “Finish” button to complete the process.
This was the process to download Kodi for Windows which was pretty easy. You don’t have to do any complex tasks in this method. After installing the app, we are going to see how to use the app and set it up according to your needs.
Setup & Download Kodi PC:
After you have completed the installation process, you need to configure Kodi PC according to your choice. You can add your own media collection to the app which will allow you to watch media from your local storage. You can also stream content from online sources by installing Add-ons in Kodi for PC.
In this part, we are going to teach you how to do all that in a precise way so that you can enjoy the app in its entirety. The quick guide below has all the instructions you need to get started on the entertainment front.
- Launch Kodi for Windows PC. If you have installed the latest version which is Kodi 17.0 Krypton, then you will see the categories on the left side.
- You can Movies, TV shows, Music, etc. To watch your local streams, just click on whatever section you want to add the files to.
- Say for example, you want to add a movies folder. So, just click on the movies folder and then click on “Add videos”.
- After that a pop-up will open. Click on browse, select your storage and then navigate to the folder where you have saved your movies. And then click on OK.
- Now you can find that folder in the Movies section when you open it from the app and watch your videos.
- This method also applies to the rest of the categories like music and stuff.
- When you play a movie, the app provides the basic video controls like play/pause, fast forward, rewind, etc. You can use them to navigate through the movie anyway you want.
- Same controls are available for the music and other sections as well.
After this section, you know the basics to get Kodi PC up and running. We will teach you how to install add-ons in the following section. The only drawback of the app might be its complex user interface, otherwise you won’t get a better media streaming app than this.
Installing Add-ons for Kodi Windows
Installing add-ons can be a little tricky but the end product is always great. There are numerous great add-ons that you can get according to your choice. You can get different add-ons for the different sections that you can install individually in Kodi for PC.
These add-ons provide the best sources for music, movies and TV shows, etc. Installing an Add-on is a lengthy process. So, if you try to install them one by one by following the base method, it will take up a lot of time. We have provided a very simple solution in this section.
Also See: Kodi Chromecast
You can install the Add-on installer, so that you will have to follow the base method only once and then you can install various add-ons just with the help of a few clicks.
- First of all, open Kodi for Windows and open the Settings menu by clicking on the gear icon on the top of the screen.
- Click on “File Manager” and select Add source. Click on none and type in this link: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag
- Then enter a suitable name for the source in the name field.
- Now, go back to the main screen and click on Add-ons and open the Settings from within that section.
- Select the Add-on tab in the settings menu and enable the Unknown Sources option.
- Go back to the Add-on section and click on the little box icon on the top right of the screen. Then select Install from zip-file.
- Select fusion> begin-here and click on plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip. This will install the Add-on Installer and you can open it from the Add-on section.
After installing the Add-on installer, you can install various Add-ons for different categories according to your convenience. You don’t have to follow the long method to install add-ons now that you have the Add-on installer with which you can install add-ons with just a few taps.
Kodi for PC download using Bluestacks
There is yet another method by using which you can install and use Kodi on Windows PC. This method involves the use of the Bluestacks emulator in conjunction with the APK file of Kodi for PC. This is an alternative method in which we use an Android emulator which essentially mimics an Android OS and runs Android apps on a PC.
Here is how you can use Kodi for Windows download using the Bluestacks emulator.
- The first step you need to carry out is to download the Bluestacks emulator. You can get the emulator from the link given below.
- Clicking on the link will start the download process of Bluestacks setup file. The download will probably take some time to complete as the file size is quite big.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the file to start the installation process.
- Click on “Run” to allow your PC to install Bluestacks if the prompt appears.
- Then click on “Next” to allow the permissions required by the app and then you will see the progress bar indicating the installation process.
- Finally, click on Finish to complete the process.
- After that, you need to download Kodi APK file which you can get from the link given here.
- Right click on the APK file and select “Open with Bluestacks” and Kodi for PC will be installed.
Once everything is complete, you can open the app from inside Bluestacks. You can use Kodi on Windows just as you do on your Android phone or as the PC version of the app.
As of now, this article of Kodi for PC Install on Computer has ended. Today we have discussed two separate methods to install Kodi for Windows Download and also how to get the app up an running along with the steps to install Add-ons. If you have any troubles regarding to them, you can find help at Kodi App.