Welcome to the best ever guide on Kodi Download App Aka XBMC. We have discussed how to get its APK for Android, iOS(iPhone) & PC making one place for the Movie Lovers. This article is on the great app named Kodi App and we are going to discuss its features and download procedure for all our readers who want to have the app on their Mobile and PC devices.
The Kodi App, formerly known as XBMC is a media player app that can be plugged onto your devices and streams different media through the internet to serve the purpose. We have discussed Kodi App Download for Android devices, iOS (iPhone) devices, and PC (Windows) in this article.
So if you wish to get the app on your Android or iOS or PC devices, follow this article for the right information and easy guide.
There are maximum Android users in the world as of today, so the app was first made compatible and in light of the Android OS. The demand and competition for all entertainment service providers are at its peak with the emergence of many apps.
Kodi Download APK for Android
Hence, the Kodi APK for Android has emerged as a wise option among the alternatives existing in the market.
In this article, we are providing two methods by which you can download the Kodi APK on your Android devices. Follow either of the following steps to get your Kodi APK Download.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android mobile device.
- Link your device account to the app store so that authentication becomes easy.
- The home screen of the app store will load and then type “Kodi App” in the search bar.
- After selecting search, various results of the term will pop-up.
- Select the appropriate application file and tap on its icon.
- Next, you will be directed to the description page of the app. Select “Install” option there.
- The app store will prompt the permission message again to download and install the app.
- Allow the installation to begin and wait for it to complete successfully.
- Now, you will be able to run the Kodi App on your Android device.
- For this method, you need to configure your Android device first.
- Open your device settings and go to “Application settings”
- Scroll down to find the “Unknown sources” option.
- Tick the checkbox provided to allow the unknown or external installation of various apps.
- Now, download the Kodi APK file from the link given here below:
- The file size is about 59MB, therefore it may take some time.
- After downloading the file, go to its location and open the APK file.
- Install the Kodi APK file on your Android device successfully.
- On the first run, the app will sync with media files on the device and set the homepage accordingly.
If you are connected to a decent internet connection then you can begin to stream the media available over the Kodi download app platform. So, now you have two ways to get the process done. Try any of them and download this amazing Kodi APK on your Android smartphones as soon as possible.
Kodi for iPhone & iOS Download
We certainly would not want to leave our iOS user readers waiting. So in this section, we will elaborate the steps to get your Kodi download app for iOS and iPhone devices. Kodi App supports both 720p and 1080p for the iOS devices hence produce HD visuals across the platform.
For iOS devices and Kodi for iPhone we have come up with some methods. There is no issue of Jailbreak or non-jailbreak devices. So, try any of these methods and see how well it works out for your device.
- First, your iOS device must have the Cydia App installed on the device.
- For this, you can easily download the app using the Safari browser on your iOS or iPhone device.
- You can download the Cydia app. You can read in-depth guide on Kodi for iPhone here.
- After getting the Cydia app, launch it and in the source search for Kodi app.
- In the results, select ‘team Kodi’ followed by ‘All packages’
- Confirm the installation and let it complete.
- On completion of the installation, select “complete” or “finish” on te screen.
- Exit the Cydia app and finally, you will find the Kodi App from the app drawer of your device.
- For this method, your iPhone device must be Jailbreak to work successfully.
- So first, try to jailbreak your iPhone or iOS device.
- Then launch Cydia on your iOS device, and search for iFile and download it.
- Download the Kodi App deb file from the link given here: Download Kodi deb file for iOS & iPhone.
- Go to file location and select “open in” option and followed by iFile.
- When the iFile opens, choose the “install” option.
- iFile will automatically install the deb file on your iOS device.
- After completion, reboot or restart your device.
- Finally, you will see the new Kodi for iOS or iPhone device.
Well, now you have two ways to get the Kodi download App for your iOS and iPhone device. With time, the amendments in the Apple’s development team is taking place and they are making the iOS software more compatible with external apps for its users.
Kodi for PC Windows Download
With mobile devices, we soon face the problem of Battery loss, small screen size, and again, storage issues. So, we have come up with a way to get the Kodi download App on your Windows PC. Having this app on your mobile devices is one thing and having it on your PC is whole a lot different.
The change is enormous when we consider the factor of battery consumption and storage as both of these are better for the PC version. Thus the app becomes more invincible when we use it on our PC. Users can stream content nad watch the movies from their storage through the Kodi download App.
There is a system requirement that you must consider first before proceeding to the procedure:
- Minimum Windows OS must be Windows Vista. The recommended are Windows 7 to 10.
- This is generally specified because it should be in accordance to the video graphic abilities.
We also have two methods for using the Kodi App on your Window PC. Check out both the methods as both definitely work well with the Windows PC:
- In this method, we will provide you the “.exe” file that will run on your Windows PC easily.
- Click on the link given below and download the .exe file on your PC.
- Note that the file is about 80MB in size so it may take some time to download.
Kodi App Download for PC – Exe file
- After the download is complete, you need to run the file setup.
- A message will appear to allow the installation to begin.
- Accept the message and wait for the application to install on your Windows PC.
Installing Kodi on Windows 10 has never been easier now Kodi is available in Windows Store https://t.co/Wqq3KBiT8M
— Kodi (@KodiTV) September 29, 2016
You will see the app icon in the all programs section of the menu bar, and also a shortcut will be created on your desktop to easily reach the app. This is an official version for the Windows PC users so do give it a try.
- In this method, you will need to have an Android emulator on your PC.
- An Android emulator is helpful for running APK files of Android apps on your PC devices.
- So, if you do have one then great! But if you do not have one, try the recommended Android emulator from the link given here:
Download Bluestacks Application for PC
- This file is about 54MB so wait till the application file downloads completely.
- Run the file setup and install the Bluestacks application on your PC.
- Then, when you launch the app on your PC you will have to initially add a google account in it.
- Next, download the Android APK file of the Kodi App from the link given in respective section above.
- If you have the app on your mobile device then try to transfer the Kodi App APK to your PC.
- Right-click on the APK file and select “open with” option.
- Look for Bluestacks as the option to open the APK file.
- The file will start installing on the PC using the Bluestacks app.
- Finally, when you wish to use the Kodi download App then you will find the app icon in the “all apps” page of the Bluestacks application.
Among the two methods described, both seem fair to try because if you use the Bluestacks app, you can install other Android apps on your PC too. Whilst with the official method, you will save the burden of extra APK download and installation. So likewise, both the methods are perfectly fine and successful to get you the Kodi Download app for your PC.
Download Kodi for Mac
The Kodi developer’s team first promoted the Kodi App for Mac OS X in 2008. At that time the app was still named XBMC till it was renamed as Kodi in 2014. Since its launch, Kodi App has been an open source app and that’s why the development team allows different C/C++ developers to participate in this project.
So, the only requirement of the Kodi download app for Mac OS systems is that; Kodi V15 or Kodi V16 requires Mac OS X 10.7 (or any version later). Kodi download App will work just fine if your Mac OS X is above the given range.
Here are the steps for our readers to follow to download the Kodi App for Mac OS devices:
- Initially, on your Mac device, download the .dmg file of the Kodi app. Click on this link to begin the download:
Kodi App Download for Mac
- Double click on the dmg file to extract the app’s disk image.
- Next, you will see a symbol like a disk drive on your Mac device screen.
- Open the extracted disk image of the Kodi App.
- Click the image and hold it, then drag the file to the Applications folder shown on the screen.
- Now, right-click on the disk drive image of the Kodi App and select “Eject” option.
- Finally, the Kodi App will be stored on your Application menu of your Mac device.
- You may want to use the Config Wizard and the Addon installer to allow the configuration of your Kodi setup.
Note: If your “Applications ” folder is not opening then click on the small apple’s icon, followed by “System preference” option. Then go to “Privacy and security” and unlock the lock at the left corner of the screen. Select the “Anywhere” option in the title of “Allow apps downloaded from:” option.
This way, you will be able to configure your Mac device correctly. These are the simplest steps that can guide our readers to the Kodi App download for your Mac device.
How to use Kodi App
Kodi allows the user to stream different content from the internet as well as from your storage device. So here is some information on how you can use the Kodi download App for both of these purposes. Since you can view video or play audio files we have divided our section in that way accordingly.
When you install the Kodi App on your device you will see a blue background screen with few options on its home screen. Remember that the Kodi App is like a personal browser to search for your desired media content through the network and through the device system itself.
Follow the steps here according to the type of use you wish to make with the Kodi download App:
- How can we use Kodi App for Watching Videos:
- When the user clicks on “video” option, two more options will prompt up.
- For videos that are already saved on your device storage,select “Files” option.
- The advanced and inbuilt browser of Kodi App will search for the video files in your device storage.
- If you cannot find your desired video file through the app then we suggest that you change the location of the original video file in the device.
- Adding video sources is same as adding a music source file. Scroll down from the folder where you have saved the file and save the name as a source.
- If you wish to search for videos from the internet then select “Video Addons” option and then “get more” option. The next page will show you the extended search page for your videos search.
- After searching for the suitable one, simply click on it and select “install”
- When the video plays, you can navigate options like pause, next, fast forward, reverse, mute, etc.
- How can we use Kodi App for playing Music files:
- This option is also similar to using the Kodi App for video.
- On the main page, select “music” as the desired option.
- There you will get two options namely “Own tracks” or “Select Music”.
- From here, you will be able to locate the music files easily similarly to the video file search.
- You can add the source of music if you already have a folder with music files in it.
- With the appropriate Addon, you can also download the music files from the internet and play them on the Kodi App.
Now you can see that playing the music and video files from the Kodi download App is so easy. Download the app for your device and enjoy the entertainment before others.
Kodi on Chromecast Guide
The Chromecast product offers many media players, which can be used to stream audio/video content. These players appear like the dongles, and they have been developed by the Google team.
The devices display content, in the presence of some network in the form of WiFi or any local network. The facility to stream content on the Chromecast via the iOS devices is not yet available.
We will explain the methods in which you can get the contents on the Kodi device, by making use of Android platform. The methods is lengthy yet effective. And we will also check out one method using PC too.
You can follow this long method to start streaming content on Kodi using the Chromecast with the help of Android device. The process goes like this,
- You need to download some apps, before starting with the streaming. They are ES File Explorer, LocalCast, Kodi App, and PlayerFactoryCore. Therefore the first step remains to download all these necessary utilities to get started with the setup.
- After the downloading process ends, start the ES File Explorer application. Then click on the Settings choice within the application, and later select the Display Settings. Within this, make sure the option to show hidden files is checked.
- The next task is to ensure that the app is connected with the Kodi media center.
- If you are done with all the above steps, then go to the ES File Explorer app, and click on the Downloads folder.
- You will find the XML file that you downloaded in the first step. If you fail to find the file, check the folders were the downloaded items are usually saved.
- Then copy the XML file and move to the location Android then choose Data. At this location, check out for the option named as org.xbmc.kodi or org.xbmc.xbmc. After you have got the option, click on this option.
- Now you have to click on the Files tab displayed here and then click on the .kodi or .xbmc file whichever file extension you have got. Then you have to click on the userdata option. Finally, paste the XML file at this location.
- Now start the Kodi application, and then choose the video that you wish to watch.
- The app LocalCast will be launched here, even though Android device will ask you on which app to be initiated for the further process.
- After this, you will be asked to press the Play button, and the other option will be asking regarding the platform you wish to run the file.
- You need to click on the Play button one more time, and finally, the content will be played on the Chromecast which is connected to the TV.
So this is an efficient way, but a lengthy one as mentioned before. Now we will check out the shortest way of getting content displayed for Kodi on Chromecast.
About Kodi Download Aka XBMC
The Kodi App also known as XBMC is a multimedia player. The app is developed by the XBMC company. The application is compatible with varies OS systems and so has a huge demand in the entertainment sector of app’s market.
The app integrates with the TV and its functions can be controlled by the remote. Through the app, users can play video, music and podcasts files through the internet and the storage devices connected to it. The Kodi download serves in contrast to the Windows Media Player on the PC devices. There are many feasible features on the Kodi App Player that we will discuss later in the next section.
The app was developed as a single media app named Xbox Media Center (XBMC). The app has various famous resources from which it presents the media, these include; Rhapsody, Pandora Internet Radio, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Youtube, Spotify,..and many others. The upgrade versions contain PVR, EPG (Electronic Program Guide), and HD video recording using DVR support.
The core coding is done in C++ language so as to make it open source and compatible with all cross-platform OS devices. So, thanks to the open source license, many distributors can now operate the app through the third party app stores and make the app popular.
Features of Kodi Download App
After understanding the basics of the Kodi App, we are sure that you must be eager to know more about this app’s functionality. In this section of the article, we will discuss the features of the Kodi Download App on your desired device to make you more familiar with the app.
Here is a list of features for you:
- The Kodi download App plays all music file formats. These will include; WMA, WAV, Mp3, AAC, etc.
- The app is integrated with MuzicBrains add-on which provides the users full access to control the playlists of the media player. This way they can effectively manage the music files in it.
- It supports different formats for visuals also. All videos can be played with formats like; 3GP, mp4, AVI, MKV, Vob, etc.
- The app provides a large range of video and movie files through its network.
- Easy download of the videos or music is possible with the Kodi download App.
- For users who do not want to download the media files can directly stream the content over the internet using the Kodi App Player.
- Further, the app comes with built-in Television library guide which displays all the episodes of the most successful series. Users can see the details of star casts, directors, and production house beside the program’s image.
- The Kodi App supports numerous amount of Add-ons for the users to take full advantage of the app.
- The Graphical User Interface can be easily customized using the easy settings changes. The user can alter the themes, skins and video player visuals as per their choice.
- The user interface is slick and easily manageable by any newbie too.
- Some users do not always want to surf the internet for the media especially if they have a good collection already on their device. So, the Kodi App also allows its users to access media files from the device and play it through the app’s player.
- Using the Chromecast support, Kodi download app can be used to transfer your media content to your TV sets for a better experience. The bigger screens will enhance the effect of the media be it audio or video.
- Another additional feature is that the users can download the streaming media content directly on their device. This helps record live matches, programs, or events.
- The developer’s team has also been working on a games manager to integrate with the device and app. This add-on will emerge with their 15th version.
So, here we have covered most of the features of the Kodi download App. We are confident that you must be really excited to get this app on your devices by now. So we will quickly go through the steps for the respective devices in their respective sections.
In conclusion to the article on Kodi Download App APK for Android, iOS(iPhone) & PC | XBMC, we would like to thank our readers for viewing this article and we shall be back with more updated info soon. Till then, if you have any query or wish to send your feedback then write to us at Kodi App.